Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thanksgiving Casserole.....A Little Past Thanksgiving

I've been a bad blogger. BAD BLOGGER! I have no excuse other than work, a flooded house, holidays, etc.

The holidays were great, as usual. We went to my husband's dad's house this year and it was a full feast. When people tell me they had "so much food" at their Thanksgiving dinner, I want to laugh at them. They don't know what "so much food" means until they have had Thanksgiving with the Filipinos. We had all the traditional Thanksgiving foods, plus all the Filipinos foods (lumpia, BBQ, pancit, etc.) PLUS prime rib, crab legs, cheesy potatoes (courtesy of yours truly), and, of course, 9 millions lbs of rice. It was an impressive spread, let me tell you. The only problem is, I am the type of eater that has to try everything. So, naturally, after Thanksgiving I felt sick for a few days. Anorexia was not an option at that point, it was a necessity. (Kidding, kidding).

This recipe really does nothing for you right now, for the record, considering it is meant to make the day after Thanksgiving. I meant to put it up the day of Thanksgiving, but, of course, forgot. It's basically just taking all your Thanksgiving leftovers and throwing them into a  trough. But not really.

I am not going to put a "recipe" up here for this because I don't know what your leftovers consist of. But you will need a casserole dish or dutch oven.

Preheat oven to 350 deg. In your dish, layer your leftovers (at least 2 layers of each is best), but making sure the top layer is mashed potatoes. Also, I HIGHLY recommend putting a very thin layer of gravy in between every layer, or at least every other layer.

So my casserole would go something like this:

Stuffing
Gravy
Turkey
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Stuffing
Gravy
Turkey
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes

Then you poke some holes in the top layer of potatoes with a fork, stick in the oven for 15-30 min (depending on how deep your casserole is and how many layers you have). And voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment