Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spinach Linguini with Lemon-Cream Sauce

James and I go to the movies like once every other week. And often, we make it a full date-night by going to dinner before at the Cheesecake Factory right by the movie theater. Cheesecake Factory is great if you don't know what you want to eat. And it sucks if you don't know what you want to eat because their menu is ginormous.

I have my select go-to dishes there, but my overall favorite is their version of Chicken Piccata. It's soooo amazing, and I've wasted many a meal trying to recreate it and I just flat out can't. But, I will say, I have come across some great sauces, albeit different, along the way.

I learned this trick recently from my good friend, Francoise, and I'm so happy about it. Instead of trying to make my own creamy sauces, you buy a jar of Alfredo sauce, and add your own crap to it! It's genius and I love how easy it is!

So, sadly, there is no real recipe here. Buy some spinach linguini, cook as directed. In a sauce pan, heat Alfredo sauce while adding lemon juice, white wine, salt and pepper to taste. Just add a little bit at a time, stir, taste, repeat.

If you want to get super fancy with it, saute some mushrooms and throw those in there. Add capers to it. Whatever. It's yummy.

Note: the sauce will taste more "lemony/sour" in the pan than it actually will on the pasta, so don't be afraid. Once you think you have the sauce where you want it, take pasta and add it to the sauce, tossing to coat, then take pasta out to serve on plate. It really makes a difference, as opposed to just pouring sauce over the top of your pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment