Friday, April 1, 2011

SuperFoods Rx



For those wanting to be healthier or eat healthier this year, there is an awesome tool to help you do so.

My good friend Rob Linn from college was the ultimate health-food nut for a while, and he introduced me to this concept of "super foods". Dr. Pratt is the author of the book, I think, but it basically gives you a list of "super foods" to incorporate into your daily diet. High in nutrients, anti-oxidants, etc. I am a geek, so I like scientific data, especially when it comes to foods, and this provides of the above with great explanations.

James is always making fun of me because when I cook, and we sit down to eat, one one of the first things I tell him is how many super foods we are eating.

Here is the list:
- Apples
- Avocado
- Beans
- Blueberries
- Broccoli
- Cinnamon
- Dark Chocolate
- Olive Oil
- Garlic
- Honey
- Kiwi
- Yogurt
- Oats
- Onions
- Oranges
- Pomegranate
- Pumpkin
- Salmon
- Soy
- Spinach
- Tea
- Tomatoes
- Turkey
- Walnuts

The book is actually really interesting and breaks down each food and why it is important to your health.

I love that I follow up a blog post about how much I love ice cream sandwiches and butter and frozen pizza with a blog post about health foods. Ha! Gotta have balance, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment