Tuesday, June 28, 2011

OMG Cheesy Corn?!?!?!

The recipe I made is for 2 people, but it is so delicious, that I really wish I would've made extra. So, I am putting the recipe on here that will yield 4 normal size servings, or 2 Abby-Cheesy portions. It's seriously one of the most finger-licking good things I have eaten in a long time.

I think this was meant to be a Mexican side dish, but I can't imagine trying to eat it with anything else that's spicy. This is an immediate winner. A great pot-luck dish to please the masses. I mean, can you think of anything better than cheesy corn?!

Cheesy Factor (1 no cheese, 10 all cheese): 8 FINALLY!
Dummy Factor (1 easiest, 10 hardest): the culinary challenged can't screw this up
Time Factor (1 shortest, 10 longest): 3

Cheesy Corn
1 15oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 of an 8oz package of cream cheese
2 Tbl butter
8-10 jarred jalapeno slices, finely chopped
1.2 tsp garlic salt

Put all ingredients into sauce pan and mix, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring continually after cheese melts. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until heated through and blended well. Serve hot.

Oh, heavenly cheesy corn. How did I survive all these years without you? Spicy? Cheesy? And I feel less guilty knowing I am eating a vegetable?! It doesn't get much better.

I'd go so far as to say this is one of my favorite recipes of all time. It's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment