Monday, December 3, 2012

Sauteed Spinach Medley

I swear my best cooking is when I think I have nothing to eat in the fridge. This was one of those concoctions and it turned out so good that I will make it on purpose again!


Cheesy Factor (1 no cheese, 10 all cheese): 1
Dummy Factor (1 easiest, 10 hardest): 2
Time Factor (1 shortest, 10 longest): 2

Sauteed Spinach Medley
Serves 2
1 package (4-5 oz) baby spinach
10 grape tomatoes, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
extra virgin olive oil
salt/pepper
2 slices of red onion, cut in half
1/2 package of baby bella or button mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbl butter

In large saute pan, heat 1 Tbl olive oil. Saute garlic until softened and slightly translucent. Add butter, spinach, red onion, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms cooked through and spinach and onions softened. Add tomatoes, mix well, and turn off heat. Serve immediately.


Let me reiterate that you should use a large saute pan because although it cooks down to a serving size, putting a whole package of spinach in a pan with other stuff takes up a lot of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment