Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Butter Baste??? Kobe and I say, "Uh... yes, please!"


Since James was having his Salmon for Dummies last night, I got myself a nice little piece of filet. I wanted to do something different with it as far as seasoning, etc. go and I found this in my Barbeque Bible:

Garlic Butter Baste
- 8 Tbl butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper

Melt butter. Add garlic and pepper and cook garlic in butter until translucent. Baste meat, poultry, fish, veggies, etc. while grilling.

Oh butter baste, how do I love thee. Best piece of advice: don't sop too too much on while grilling over flame because the drippings catch on fire and can make a soot taste on food. Other than that, I recommend bathing in this stuff. I also added a little lemon zest to it at the very end and it was nice. The Barbeque Bible says you can add all sorts of spices and herbs and whatnot, but why mess with a good thing I think. Simple, delicious, butter.

Not familiar with the Barbeque Bible?? Get familiar. If you like things that are awesome that is. Otherwise, go back to rookie-ville. I happen to have a black-belt in awesomeness and this little gem helps make that possible.

I recommend eating this tonight because it is yellow. And the Lakers are yellow. I secretly hope Rondo breaks his leg before or during tonight's game. Since my super sweet Pistons fail me yet again, the Lakers are a nice 2nd team to cheer for here in SoCal. C'mon people! Concentrate! Lake Show!!!! 6pm! Make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment